Family Medicine Summit is the ACFP’s Flagship CPD Event!
March 1-3, 2019 | Rimrock Resort Hotel, Banff, AB
About our new name
Throughout the past 63 years, our Annual Scientific Assembly has evolved into what is considered the premier CPD conference for family physicians in this province. The ASA has gone through many changes, and our primary goals are to remain relevant and valuable to our membership.
To continue meeting these goals and to move into the future, we feel it is vital to accurately capture the essence of the conference as it is today. We are very excited to usher our ASA into a new era with a new name and look, Family Medicine Summit!
About our new look
The three peak design symbolizes the three mainstays that make Alberta’s conference so popular with our membership, Connect. Learn. Celebrate.
Connect with expert speakers, with new and long-time colleagues, and with volunteer members of your provincial chapter.
Learn from educational programs that are current, “hot” topics of the day, and seen in daily practice today.
Celebrate the achievements in primary care, family medicine research, and most of all, celebrate excellence in patient care and in our communities provided by yourself and your colleagues.
The peaks are distinct but, combined, while being grounded in our history, create a unique, truly Albertan experience!
Same quality programming
The Family Medicine Summit will remain the same in content, format, and location, and we will uphold our commitment to a high standard of quality programming.
Watch for the 2019 Summit schedule coming this fall!
As per Mainpro® Certification Standards, responsibilities of the Family Medicine Summit Scientific Planning Committee include:
- Identifying the educational needs of the target audience
- Developing learning objectives
- Selecting speakers, moderators, facilitators and authors
For more information on programming, please email: email@example.com
The ACFP’s Family Medicine Summit is a certified group learning event. Why Mainpro+ certification?
- Certification’s peer-review process ensures all content is relevant to family physicians
- Mainpro+ certification demonstrates the provider’s commitment to quality educational programming
- More than 30,000 family physicians across Canada require Mainpro+ credits to maintain their CFPC membership
What’s Up Doc? Research Showcase – March 1, 2019
Call of Abstracts Is Now Open!
The ACFP is pleased to accept submissions that include varied research methodologies, including mixed method research and qualitative research.
Submit Your Oral Presentation and Poster Abstracts Today
Deadline: November 29, 2018
- No limit to the number of abstracts an author may submit
- One abstract form is required for each abstract being submitted
- This event is a forum for presentation and dissemination of research. Recruitment, marketing of products, services or software is not allowed. Abstracts should not contain any references or acknowledgements.
- Submissions will be peer reviewed. The Research Review Committee will evaluate and score each abstract based on the following criteria: Relevance and importance to family medicine; Relevance to primary care research and researchers; Innovation/originality; Clear, well-written description, well-defined objectives and appropriate learning methods/style
- Research Review Committee reserves the right to decide the presentation format of your submission, and may also limit the number of oral presentations for each presenter.
Download the Submission Guidelines for more information.
Decisions for acceptance will be finalized by January 8, 2019. A list of successful abstracts will be posted on the ACFP website on January 9.
Please contact Lorrainne Dubois with any questions you may have.
Phone: 780-701-9715 or 1-800-361-0607 (Ext. 205)