Don’t delay, register for PEIP today!
Pre-conference session confirmed!
We have added a new pre-conference session to this year’s conference line up. Led by Dr. Christy Sutherland (Vancouver inner-city harm reduction), participants will be provided strategies for identifying and evaluating patients in their practices with opioid use disorder, implementing and initiating therapy (including opioid agonist therapies), and providing ongoing treatment in the primary care setting. Participants will also enjoy the opportunity to learn from local family physician leaders—Drs. Jessica Kirkwood and Cathy Scrimshaw—in the field during this three (3) hour workshop on Friday morning. This program aims to inform participants of best practices and local resources that will allow them to optimize care for patients with opioid use disorder. (Space for this workshop is limited and available in-person only.)
2018 Conference topics include:
In addition to the popular What’s New, What’s True, What’s Poo? session, this year’s topics include:
- Best Tips for New Moms
- Biologics and Biosimilars
- Diabetes Medications Update
- Driving in the Elderly and Medically-at-Risk
- Fatty Liver
- Medical Oncology
- Pearls for Primary Care in: Dermatology, Emergency Medicine, Palliative Care, Rheumatology, and Urology
- Top 5 Non-Opioid Solutions for Chronic Pain
- Vascular Surgery
- VTE Prophylaxis
- What We Do in Medicine That Works!