Hosted by the First Five Years in Family Practice (FFYFP) Committee, the ACFP is excited to invite you to attend an information session to learn about practical tax planning strategies and an opportunity to network with your peers.
Tax Tips for Your Practice & Networking Session
Wednesday, June 6, 2018 – 6:00pm
DoubleTree by Hilton in West Edmonton
Light appetizers and refreshments will be served before the presentation, and there will be a networking opportunity following.
We have also added a webcast option for those who cannot make it in person, but spots are limited to 25 participants.
More About the Session
At the session, you will hear information from a fellow physician and some tax professionals about the new federal tax law changes, potential tax strategies to reduce tax burden, case scenarios regarding the choice to incorporate, potential tax deductions, and other practical tips!
In this session, the tax experts will:
- Briefly outline the new federal tax changes as they relate to medical corporations
- Discuss potential tax strategies to reduce tax burden in relation to these new tax changes, using case studies and practice/specific advice geared to early career physicians who have more debt than savings
- Provide case scenarios where a new physician would and would not benefit from incorporation
In addition to this, there will be an experienced physician who will:
- Provide a list of potential business and personal tax deductions specific to early career physicians
- Share other practical tips they wish they knew earlier in their career