As the provincial college of the CFPC, the ACFP provides and accredits continuing professional development (CPD) opportunities for family physicians in Alberta.
Physicians must participate in CPD as a Standard of Practice to show that they are maintaining their knowledge and skills throughout their careers. The CFPC offers one of two approved CPD programs, MAINPRO® (Maintenance of Proficiency). Mainpro serves three key functions:
- To provide CPD participation guidelines and standards for Canadian family physicians
- To enable family physicians to conveniently track and monitor their CPD participation
- To ensure high-quality, ethical CPD programming through a rigorous peer-review accreditation process
The ACFP is proud to support and develop best practice CPD opportunities for our members, family medicine residents, and medical students.
- Annual Scientific Assembly
- LeadFM, Alberta’s Family Medicine Leadership Conference
- Practical Evidence for Informed Practice Conference
- Tools for Practice Articles
- GoMainpro (earn certified Mainpro+ credits for Tools for Practice anytime, anywhere)
- ACFP CPD Roadshows